Crockta

Suggestions for Improvement

22 posts in this topic

Some small suggestions:

1. "Notification popup when a lobby is created (or 'a game is hosted')" toggle in Settings.

When a lobby is created, you get notified in the lower right side of the screen ("A game has just been hosted.") with a button that redirects you the running FrozenThrone.exe process (if it is open).

2. Allow whisper to an offline friend.

3. "Notification popup when you get `!votekick` 3 times" toggle in Settings.

Just in case for those who mistype `!ready` or just forget to do so.

4. RGC bot (11th player / observer) to relay whispers to in-game player.

Of course, RGC bot chats to a player in private (single player chat) instead of `All`.

5. Show packet loss percentage in `!ping` command.

Dota 2 does this, maybe you can find a way to compute from all the `Request Timed Out` returns.

I hope the above are within the capabilities of the development team of RGC. I think I forgot some more suggestions but it will do for now. Thanks for developing RGC up to this point!

It'll be nice if they make a room or something where everyone with 1550+ points would be able play, and prevent people from leaving in games not carrying about losing points because they simply can create new account with any existing e-mail address without confirmation (They leave/feed/gameruin 3-4 games in a row have 1350 points, then it's time for a new account and 1500 points again and time to ruin games, leave, feed again :D without being kicked in the lobby). To have 1550 points is about 20 games played with average results. So it will be nice for the people who like good matches and also challenging for the leavers and losers to get to play in the 1550+ limit like a better environment.

6 hours ago, -BigBadBoss- said:

It'll be nice if they make a room or something where everyone with 1550+ points would be able play, and prevent people from leaving in games not carrying about losing points because they simply can create new account with any existing e-mail address without confirmation (They leave/feed/gameruin 3-4 games in a row have 1350 points, then it's time for a new account and 1500 points again and time to ruin games, leave, feed again :D without being kicked in the lobby). To have 1550 points is about 20 games played with average results. So it will be nice for the people who like good matches and also challenging for the leavers and losers to get to play in the 1550+ limit like a better environment.

Yeah, I also started as a newbie in RGC and it really is not that hard to get 1550+ points (except if you're really bad or just ruin games), 1600 points should be enough of a threshold. 

I gotta add a suggestion about fixing and improving the avatar images. I hope it the aspect ratio (1:1) as is applied and please apply a scaling algorithm (Lanczos or something at least) so that the image comes out smoother because I think there literally is no image scaling algorithm applied for the avatar images in the client. I think it would be nice if you also support Imgur links.

Another small suggestion: allow to `!ping` in client channel chat.

• Some people might want to know the ping response time before playing. It would be convenient to ping in channel public chat rather than opening WC3 first and join a hosted game before being able to ping, all just to know if it is alright to play.

(EU) Higher is for 10 good players who want to play a hard game but still not everyone is playing there and as you can see there are usually 30-40 people in that room and there is not much action there - games aren't running all the time, it's one game in many hours on average.

The thing is that we need something similar like (EU) Higher but for everybody who reached certain amount of points for instance 1550+ as a small guarantee to play in better environment without the people who leave every game and ruin games too and after that create new accounts as if nothing happened and repeat the same thing over and over again polluting the RGC ecosystem. In addition 1550+ limit room would prevent or at least lower the amount of people who create new accounts every time they leave or ruin enuf games on the previous account when they have 1300 points, but they would try to behave good in games, reach 1550+ and keep it that way without doing stupid things and fall bellow 1550 if they want to avoid the toxic people who would keep playing with same toxic people like them bellow 1550 if they don't change themselves and the shit they are doing...

It ain't that hard for the RGC staff to pull that off, or at least they may test it for short amount of time and if it works, let it stay that way if it doesn't you could always switch back to the old way cuz nowadays we see less and less ppl on RGC anyway cuz if someone doesn't have much time to play a lot and if he plays 1-2 games in a day or 2 and if shitty leavers and gameruiners fuck up his game that guy ain't gonna bother to keep playing on RGC anymore. They fixed the problem with the cheaters in the past and it got much better, now this could be done too.

One more thing is that it takes way more longer to start a game nowadays then before because when the players see some obvious leavers/gameruiners with 1348 points in the lobby they aren't typing !ready until the jerks are kicked out or they simply leave the lobby and sign another game and do the same again and it takes longer for games to start cuz ppl don't wanna play with those leavers/gameruiners. I prefer signing another game instead of waiting the others to kick the noobs cuz I've noticed others are doing the same thing and sure it's gonna take more time for everyone to start games until RGC changes something.

On 7/20/2018 at 3:16 AM, -BigBadBoss- said:

One more thing is that it takes way more longer to start a game nowadays then before because when the players see some obvious leavers/gameruiners with 1348 points in the lobby they aren't typing !ready until the jerks are kicked out or they simply leave the lobby and sign another game and do the same again and it takes longer for games to start cuz ppl don't wanna play with those leavers/gameruiners. I prefer signing another game instead of waiting the others to kick the noobs cuz I've noticed others are doing the same thing and sure it's gonna take more time for everyone to start games until RGC changes something.

Those scenarios actually happen quite regularly in (Asia) Public and Philippines and also leave lobby if it is too lopsided. But personally I don't really mind having 1 or 2 low pointers if there are at least 2 or 3 decent pointers on my team, just that it gets more challenging.

Edited by Crockta (Reason: premature post, was gonna cancel reply)

16 minutes ago, dsquared² said:

-TLDR

So basically you want them to create *ANOTHER* room just for you and your 1550 (IMAGINARY) players who are willing to play there?,

Ok sir, i will make petition for you to get your room, no worries,,,,,,

How about you simply enter Eu public and simply leave game when there is people with 0 games or 10 games and 0 WR( WinRate) ? how about spend 3 minutes before starting the game,  chosing in which game you'll play ? spend those 3 minutes like that instead of whining on forum about senseless stuff ?

I ain't whining on the forum, u obv cuckold who's getting fucked every game if u even play lmao, cuz if u did u would've known that doing that signing for a new game takes 15 minutes every time when there are 1350 pts players (gameruiners/leavers) in the team and not 3 minutes until u join a decent game, try it... every game there is 1500 pts acount with 75% disconnect and 13% win rate that says it all.... check my last report the game i played 10 minutes ago, im about to report the enemy team they had some 1350 pts that they were lazy to kick and they left 4 out of 5 players even those who were not gameruiners/leavers, that's what happens lol 10 minutes that's not a game and that's why there are less and less players on rgc... here it is http://parser.rankedgaming.com/replay.php?replay=1532192316

Cancelling reply after quote here makes it post instead, devs should fix that also.

If not too off-topic, I just gotta ask why not just put the forums on another subdomain for consistency, like board.rankedgaming.com or forum.rankedgaming.com like the parser or shop.

Edited by Crockta

1 hour ago, AllPlayNoWork said:

shhhh, i'll be gentle,,,,

gentle the same as i am with ur mom's and sister's titties ;D

23 hours ago, dsquared² said:

Ofc you`re whining, you`re known as whiner, now when you have nothing else to say, you insult my sister and my mother? good way to show your intellect and let the world know you`re just a whining kid who keeps losing games and keeps blaming "NOOBS WITH 1300 POINTS" on your team,

just try your best and maybe some day someone will let you in their game and you`ll finally play that "HIGH POINTS=PRO" game,

MAYBE!!!

lulz i ain't have no loserate like u cunt, my winrate is 74% and still i want to deepthroat the noobs like u even harder cuz i ain't play this game since yesterday cuck

20 hours ago, dsquared² said:

WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY? fucking inbred child, stop being annoying and stop WHINING 

i`ve seen all your gamelogs you play either blood or mortred or viper,,, and every player you play against either has 1300 pts or 1400 pts with 54% dc/leave ratio,,, it can`t be coincidence?? or it can? searching for low skilled players to stomp them over after 45 minutes of farming with mortred,,, how do i know? why do your games last 45+ minutes and games that last 20-25 or less you either lose or have 0-8 and with some miracle (you get carried cause you stacked yourself searching for high skilled players) you win,,, stop stop stop JUST FUCKING STOP, shut the fuck up fucking disgusting human being,,

lol if i was doing that shit your sayin i wouldn't have asked here on the forum to make a room where we could play without leavers/gameruiners that have 1340 or 1500 points and are pussies and creating new accounts after every time they fail, but im suggesting to rgc to make room with a points limit where cuckolds can't play, but u obv too weak and unrealistic that's why you have that loser mentality lmao i bet when u grow up everybody will fuck ur wife more than u ahahaha as i can see how "smart" u are xD iq 11.3

lmao this thread. BigBadBoss-, actually, it is more fun and thrilling to win when you are disadvantaged at points. I don't know how you still find fun in playing dota knowing that you will win every time, picking on the weak ones.

Take a look at this game: http://parser.rankedgaming.com/replay.php?replay=1531780424 (New items like Silver Edge and Infused Raindrop doesn't show in parser)

We won with only a 2.1K pointer (me) and my team are all below me on points. And that was against the rank 1 Asia (Public) pointer (36K points) and a top 19 (19K points). They had a 36K-pointer Ursa that had a MoM and Linken 15 minutes and a 4K-pointer PA with 12 minutes Battle Fury. I laned against both the 36K-pointer Ursa and 19K-pointer Spirit Breaker. On lane, they pwned me and left me with just boots, quelling blade and an orb of venom on 7 minutes mark. And guess what? We still won, with treads, skadi, abyssal, silver edge, cuirass and linken on my slark in 33 minutes (that was about 900 gold per minute) and I don't even use that hero back then. Since then, I was inspired to also spam Slark but it seems I can't reproduce the glory of that game.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ignoring how this thread devolved to people flinging shit at each other, does RGC still have people working on the development of the client? (just asking)

Edited by Crockta

2 hours ago, dsquared² said:

Am not quite sure how to answer that, but i think RGC has only 1 developer atm, thats Roger(the owner) ... Others are just "helpers" minor stuff only, nothing groundbreaking as developing new matchmaking system or implementing something similar,, 

No wonder, I think that's why I saw a developer hiring some time ago. I think it would be hard doing the big things alone, much more if he gets busy and stuff...

The forum problem is on the todo-list - basically the company who made the forum did not help us in resolving the issue.

Matchmaking was dimissed due to the radical change it would be to RGC as it is now. It is a potential option.

We are reworking core features that take up a lot of time and testing to get right. Namely the patcher which has stopped working properly due to Microsoft's Windows changes over the years.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:07 PM, Crockta said:

Some small suggestions:

1. "Notification popup when a lobby is created (or 'a game is hosted')" toggle in Settings.

When a lobby is created, you get notified in the lower right side of the screen ("A game has just been hosted.") with a button that redirects you the running FrozenThrone.exe process (if it is open).

2. Allow whisper to an offline friend.

3. "Notification popup when you get `!votekick` 3 times" toggle in Settings.

Just in case for those who mistype `!ready` or just forget to do so.

4. RGC bot (11th player / observer) to relay whispers to in-game player.

Of course, RGC bot chats to a player in private (single player chat) instead of `All`.

5. Show packet loss percentage in `!ping` command.

Dota 2 does this, maybe you can find a way to compute from all the `Request Timed Out` returns.

I hope the above are within the capabilities of the development team of RGC. I think I forgot some more suggestions but it will do for now. Thanks for developing RGC up to this point!

I am not sure I am following on (1) - we already do a sound notification on hosted games with a colored game name and a priority position in the LAN games window ingame.

2. Dubious feature as a person could get an insane amount of backlog of offline whispers. A local stashed message history would be done first before even thinking of something like this. But it is the most realistic of all, and that is potentially very much in the future of RGC.

3. I am sorry that is unrealistic. The ready button is there for a reason.

4. This was considered early on. However people with a big friendslist or anyone with a higher up position ... will get bombarded with messages and so would their ingame screen be when they are trying to play. If you want to chat you tab out. It's not ideal, but it's better than the alternative.

5. That's not an option due to technical reasons

About 

On 8/4/2018 at 10:50 AM, Admin said:

I am not sure I am following on (1) - we already do a sound notification on hosted games with a colored game name and a priority position in the LAN games window ingame.

2. Dubious feature as a person could get an insane amount of backlog of offline whispers. A local stashed message history would be done first before even thinking of something like this. But it is the most realistic of all, and that is potentially very much in the future of RGC.

3. I am sorry that is unrealistic. The ready button is there for a reason.

4. This was considered early on. However people with a big friendslist or anyone with a higher up position ... will get bombarded with messages and so would their ingame screen be when they are trying to play. If you want to chat you tab out. It's not ideal, but it's better than the alternative.

5. That's not an option due to technical reasons

Wow, thanks for the response (okay that was too late, totally forgot about this thread)!

1. It is just an always-on-top pop-up just in case the sound was muted or the user is not wearing headphones. 

2. Then only allow whisper if the one you are whispering to has you on their friendlist. Maybe it is more unlikely for abuse.

4. Same conditions as 2 to avoid abuse.

All above having toggles to enable/disable in the Settings. It shouldn't be still that bad, right?

Hello,

Just curious, will RGC work with the new Warcraft 3 Reforged?

On 08.11.2018 at 8:12 AM, mongoose_0 said:

Hello,

Just curious, will RGC work with the new Warcraft 3 Reforged?

Reforged will not support any 3rd-parties, there would be no platforms beside oficial battle.net

13 hours ago, DracoL1ch said:

Reforged will not support any 3rd-parties, there would be no platforms beside oficial battle.net

So not even the other custom games or custom maps will work?

On 15.11.2018 at 7:37 AM, mongoose_0 said:

So not even the other custom games or custom maps will work?

they promise to keep old custom game working, means you can play old maps. It's just about official battlenet now and official maps (aka not-a-new-dota).