Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlbionPrincipe

The new map is at best a very a bad copy of DotA 2

11 posts in this topic

I hate the new map.

This is at best a very bad copy of DotA 2 on a Warcraft 3 engine. If I wanted to play DotA 2 I can simply do that and go for the full experience and play the proper DotA 2. 

There's a reason I like RGC and the small developments we've had with small map changes, items changes, heroes and talents added etc. - picking up on good ideas from DotA 2 that can make the game a bit better and offer support but still getting the full DotA 1 experience without essentially breaking it and crossing that clear red line between DotA 1 and 2. It's good to have some small developments and support in DotA 1 rather than just the stagnant version from 2013 that ICCUP is using for example which was abandoned by Icefrog and never changed since - and it is the reason why I play on RGC and not on ICCUP. 

My suggestion for you as a company is to offer some room/channel just like you have EU Pub and EU Higher for example for players that want to play this crap version of DotA 2 whilst keeping the old one alive so they can choose what to play. Better split your player base than lose it altogether, from what I've seen so far currently the ration is 1 to 10 anyway in favour of the old map. 

i liked the old map too but the thing is that the players need time to adapt to this new map, to know about new items and new builds. personally i can adapt to this new map in 2 weeks but the only thing that makes this map a mess are the bugs.

i was playing broodmother in ar mode and brood dont go invisible in its own web. im pretty sure there are alot more bugs than that if they can fix tthat than im willing to play this map

Straight to the point .... if we want to play dota 2 we can go and play dota 2 with better graphics and everything ..

i admire all the hard work RGC do for better gaming but this should be a choice in a different room.

We are on RGC to play Good Old Dota 1, please bring back the older map !

Kaolin first spell does not stun anymore, but does only slow. Very sad. Kaolin is weak hero on its own, and without stun and support skills is just rape victim.
I was building Cranium Basher, my corurier comes and I see it does not compute: now it needs other items. Not sure about other items, but it spoiled my game, I win though but was not fun at all.

I like the new map, new stuff is always wellcome, specially after playing so long. I started to play Dota years ago but AllStars 3 days ago and now all other people have to adjust to new map just like me, so its good thing for me.

+1

And it seems that Rosh is little harder to smash now, but I played only one game so cant comment more. I do very much like that there are more jungle creeps, plus 2 camps if I recall correctly or even 3, but very good because we where always fighting for those jungle creeps.

I just have to figure out now where to ward best since it seems that wards doesnt place on some areas (like rosh pit camp)

Edited by MachuPacho

I think a point some of you are trying to make is that changes are good and it takes time to adapt to changes and that is perfectly normal justified. Making it easier for new players to play and learn and it narrows the skills gap a bit. It did take us all some time to adapt to a new item or 10 new items, or a new hero (MK), or talents. However, I don't care if it takes me 2 weeks or 2 months or 2 years to adapt to this and if I'm a noob all over again and lose all games in the process - I just don't want to play it, I don't want DotA 2 with bad graphics. I want to play DotA 1 and I think a lot of old school players feel the same way. 

Indeed, hats off for the continuous development and hard work put into this - for example, items have their hotkey on (you don't need a separate key binder); items show their mana cost, the UX/UI looks better, couple of new items - great, some changes to hero strengths and playstyle's sure, make roshan a bit stronger etc. But all of these major changes together with the mirrored DotA 2 map just makes it exactly what I said it is - a very bad copy of DotA 2 on the Warcraft 3 engine.

The solution for me is simple - make a room with this map and a room with the old map. Continue developing the last map or don't, leave it as it is forever if you want but don't simply kill it - let us choose what we want to play like you can play 2013 DotA 1 on ICCUP for example.  

Some of changes are good, but this isnt good at all.
Like they say - if we want Dota2 we would play that, not this, and this is Warcraft Dota and should stay that.
Please put back old map, or make rooms for both maps so people can choose which one will play

Rofl, clowns.

> Brood not invi in web ? It's not a bug, it's a change. Was anyone even playing brood before ? Why clowning now ? You're probably a terrible brood anyway.
> So you blame map cause u don;t read changelogs and don't know how new basher is made.
> Not being able to place wards in rosh pit ? Are you serious, clown ? You weren't able before as well. As for warding places, if you cant see the obvious cliffs spread around the map, it says a lot about your skill.

Same story every time. You clowns whine about new patches (see 6.83d >>> 6.85k, see 6.85k >> 6.90a) and then everything becomes the norm. Go play 6.83d again, if you can't appreciate or see the benefits. 

Map is new to everyone. Not only to you. It's the same learning process to everyone. So if you're bad on old maps, you're bad here as well. Not the map's fault. 

+ to this.

Yeah i used to hate when they added new map 2 years ago. But i got used to it.

But this shit is too much. Map doesn't look natural to me. And it's really confusing. I hope i get used to it , if i even keep playing. Probably not.

I loved the old map. THis crap ruined many heros and builds. I also play here for dota 1 not for dota 2.

They ruined slark windwalk. You gank once and have to go to base or shrine to refill cus you have 0 mana. Even in dota 2 , manacost of windwalk is 75...

Yet they keep enigma raping whole teams. They keep mort 2 hit farmed players. They keep luna killing whole teams with ulty. Just one click.

They keep those heros so overpowered. And ruin others even more. Well done stupid map developers. If you want it to be like dota 2, make it like dota 2

Not some of your custom shit that wasn't tested in the long run. Ps.  Loading screen is crap compared to the last one. It looks like dota 6.28b. As i remember 15 year ago

Now that I've played the map for 10 days or so I've gotten used to it and quite enjoy it. I mean, it was that or stop playing DotA altogether. 

I'm also not seeing a lot of the usual old-school players online, probably took a break or stopped a bit for the same reasons if they couldn't get used to the new map.

Still, I think it needs a lot more work to be done, like NewYorkLove said about Luna and Mort killing entire teams while other heroes are completely nerfed and not as strong as before. 

I totally and wholeheartedly agree with some people here. i started playing dota on Garena 11 yrs back.there were only 3 Indian rooms on Garena then.the map was 6.58 i guess.there were always improvements with heores and maps.small but good and aprreciative improvements.i have played most of the  days of last 11 yrs;MOST;everyday,every week every month.i am a below average player but i have come to enjoy DOTA and its has been a privilege playing against so many good players,in Garena as well as in RGC.But then Garena was shut down and i moved to RGC.It was a smooth transition from Garena to RGC.I have been banned many times:D ;no complaints though!.....till this MAP came.

WORST map in my experience.and experienced i am(currently i am running on 42).i have seen many maps.but why COPY PASTE Dota 2.i have tried to but cant seem to enjoy this map.

So one sincere request to Admins;Hakka is it?

Bring in old map before 7.00.if some people want to play it ,let them!

PS:i have only written what i feel.i dont mean to harm or hurt  anyone's feelings!

Go soft on me.:D

Keep playing!